Thursday, April 25, 2013

Victory is mine!

Most teenagers (Me included)  when they get in to a argument with there parents they always want to be right. "How can I be wrong? this makes perfect sense to me." This is how I am

After you have been fighting with someone about something and weather your right or wrong it's not as easy as it sound to just stop. It's almost like surrendering in a war. Personally if I still
believe I was right at the end of the fight I feel almost like I lost the battle.

I have been in fights where I know I was wrong and in the back of my mind something is just telling  to Apologize in this case, but for some reason I just can't, especially if this argument has been going on for a long time. 

 Deuteronomy 20:4
For the Lord your God is he who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory.’










The people I was fighting, with in this case my family, were not my enemies, and when I am fighting with my mom or dad about something I think is right, that's why I loose I am braking one of the commandments fighting with my parents so God was not on my side.










If there are any teenagers reading this, and it might be true for adults to, but I know how hard it is to give up the fight. But when you start to realize that your wrong say so don't keep fighting, it's not worth it. Your family are way important than any what you might have been fighting over. 








I should start taking advice from myself, ha ha just kidding! I already do!

















Victoria

5 comments:

Spanj said...

I used to fight with my Mum all the time as a teenager. And it's good you've realised this young - I was about 24 before I realised my Mum had been right about everything!
coffintreehill.tumblr.com

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

Sometimes when a fight goes on for an extended time it becomes all about winning the fight and zero about right or wrong. Many times between parents and kids it is not such much one is right or one is wrong...more often it is "is it best?" "is the time right" "how does it effect the rest of the household". Proud to see you A-Zing!

Unknown said...

These are issues we wrestle with all of life, Victoria, at any age. When we learn to let go of our offenses and submit to God whether we are right or wrong, we see that He does fight our battles for us. And the greatest battles are within. That battle with sin that makes us want to demand the win. It sounds from your posts that I have read like you are a young lady with a good head on your shoulders who seeks to follow the Lord. You are on the right path. If your family or your church is looking for a good study to help with these attitudes, I suggest a study called, Lord Chankge my Attitude, by James McDonald. It is a fabulous study that really hits on some of these attitude issues we all struggle with. God bless, Maria from Delight Directed Living

Tara Tyler said...

love getting your teenage perspective! will think of your voice in some of my characters! some lessons are learned with experience & age. i was so right many times when i was wrong and now my teenage son does it!

Rebecka Vigus said...

Well said, however you will learn fighting is not worth the effort you put into it. It is not constructive.
Thanks for putting yourself out there.