Friday, April 12, 2013

Kindness


Ephesians 4:32





be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.







1 peter 3:9

Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing.








God makes it clear in the bible that we are to love are brethren,even if they do not love us back. We are to be Kind to one and other, to show the love of Christ  to those who have not been saved.And just be kind to the people around you in general.

You know it is even one of the ten commandments! 
But it can be hard fallow like all commandments. Even in church we tease each other a lot about who likes who.And I know I shouldn't do that if they don't want  me to.But I'm working on that.

Being kind is a hard thing for me sometimes, my brother and I fight a lot and we both say some well...very unkind things to each other. Some times I pick on guys at church and co-op. And there is guy at my church, and we are like the worst of enemies, we were always saying mean stuff to each other. Calling each other losers, he called me ugly once, we threw stuff at each other (like grass)We were being every thing but Kind brotherly Christians. I look back at my behavior then and I am disappointed in myself. When he started a fight with a mean comment I should have just turned the other cheek.

Matthew  5:39
But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.











And the fights I started...I never should have. Now a days we don't talk to each other.



So trust me I know how hard it can be to be kind to someone that isn't kind to you. I always want to get even, I would always say "Pay back time," when really that isn't the love of Christ, or the love of Christ showing through me.

Now if I am in a spot where I want to say or do something mean I will just pray, and ask God for his love and kindness to show
through me.

Victoria

3 comments:

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Very cool post. Great verses. I don't think we get it that love is what God expects first and foremost from his children. He is pure love, after all.

T

Commonweeder said...

It shouldn't be hard to be kind, but sometimes we get so busy, or can't help making a bitchy comment - but we can pay attention to those around us and try to be kinder every day

Sanderella said...

I am always more than kind to everyone. It has always been something that just comes natural to me. If I run across someone that is not kind, mean or what have you, I will be polite. www.sandysanderellasmusings.blogspot.com