Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Opposite Me

Sometimes I wonder what I would be like, if my I was completely opposite from who I am now. If I wasn't a Christian, went to public schools, did the kind of stuff "normal" teenagers do, wear the kind of cloths "normal" teenagers do. 

And well...I would have more so called "freedom" but the picture this suggestion paints, is not a pretty one.I can see myself making all the mistakes I avoided now because I talked to God and my family, doing lots of things that are wrong to me now but I don't know any better then.

I know that lots of things would be going very wrong in my life now because of serious problems that I have had lately, that only by God and my parents I made it through. 

It's times like these when I really stop to appreciate God in my heart. Yes we worship him, praise Him and glorify Him, but if you stop to think about it God is in your heart! He has saved you from so many wrong turns, so many dead ends. how many times have you fallen down and God has picked you back up?
Last month I fell down so hard (figuratively) That I thought I could never get back up Aegean, but God picked me up, and i'm okay. 

I think thinking about the opposite me has not been a wast of thought, but  a mind opener. It showed me who I thought I would be with out God, and how amazing God is. 

So what is your opposite you like? Dose your normal self not believe in God? If so that means that your opposite self dose believe in God, I think you should give your opposite you a call and ask him/her why he/she believes in God. You may want to be your opposite you! LOL

Victoria   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For your tender years you have more common sense that many adults.
If I were the opposite of me I would not be a grandmother, I would not be living on my own, and I would not help my children if and when they have problems.

Wonderful post.
Yvonne.

Jarm Del Boccio said...

Thinking about our opposite DOES make us thankful for who we are. Sounds like you have had a wonderful, protected life, even though it has has some ups and downs.
We home educate our kids, and are so thankful for he privilege. Happy A to Z!
MakingtheWriteConnections

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Interesting mental exercise.

Well since I am an atheist my opposite self would be a believer. But I don't think that person is as happy as I am. My atheism blog talks about how freeing it has been NOT to believe in things.

But I like what you are doing here. Keep up the great work!

--
Tim Brannan
The Other Side and The Witch
The Freedom of Nonbelief