Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Victoria

ME Victoria

I was born in South Carolina on December 13, 1999. My family moved to Maryland when I was two, and we lived in my grandparents' basement (which is like an apartment).  I’m not sure how old I was when we rented the house we now own. I have lived in the same house for more than seven years of my life, and have lived in Maryland for as long as I can remember. And my parents talk of moving somewhere far away like Texas, New Jersey, West Virginia. But I would not live if I had to move! I have built up seven years worth of friends and all my family lives here. My mom and Dad are ready to pick up and move. They don’t seem to mind what they are leaving behind, but I do. I don’t want new friends I want the ones I have. God has blessed me with many, many friends and I don’t want to leave them behind. There are things I would miss too - like our library, our church (where a lot of my friends are), VBS (Vacation bible school), my youth events, my co-op. I am completely content with what I have, and I’m not ready to get rid of it just yet.

But I lead a very interesting life. My dad is the funniest person I know, and mom is funny too. It’s where I get my sense of humor. I have quite a personality, my nick name at my co-op is Mrs. Volume! Ha, ha. And I’ve had a career of being a drama queen most of my life. When I’m around my friends I am energetic and weird…come to think of it I’m like that all the time.

I’m learning how to play the piano, and I’m a good actor (that is what other people have told me), and an okay singer (that also is what other people have told me). I love ice cream, and I am obsessed with the show I Love Lucy. I currently have 39,000 words on the book I am writing. And I love to hang out with friends and go on youth group trips. My favorite movie with real people in it is Pirates of the Caribbean. And my favorite cartoon type of movie is Despicable Me. I am meeting manager in my critique club, and I have had a slumber party for my birthday almost three years in a row.  And I do NOT like Justin Bieber!

You know, if there was such a thing as luck, I would have it! I’ve never broken a bone or sprained anything ever in my life! I haven't gotten a stomach bug or the flu in years, and I think it’s because both God and my mom and dad are looking out for me. 

God has been a big part of my life. I am being raised Christian, so I’ve tried to keep my focus on God. And make him a part of my writing, my thinking, and my life.

Victoria                          

2 comments:

Sylvia Ney said...

Nice to meet you Victoria! New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

Sylvia
http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

Rebecca said...

Oh the thoughts of a (almost) teen! I know EXACTLY how you feel about not wanting to move! Only I felt that way as an adult! When your uncle Joe and I moved to PA almost 6 years ago, I was pretty devastated. I. do. not. like. change. It took me over a year to find friends because I'm just not an out-going person (at first..) But the Lord had a plan for us and it included us moving here....something I didn't really think about back then. We thought we were moving for this great opportunity with the company he worked for; but God was moving us for a different reason. It has been a HUGE lesson in trusting in the Lord, trusting my husband, and patience, as well as a HUGE blessing in general! Change can be scary! But if you trust the Lord with all your heart, He will guide you. Moving isn't as scary when God is in control!

PS, I hope you don't move FURTHER from us! Tell your parents to move you to PA!! :-)