Saturday, April 14, 2012

Modesty is the best Policy

Modesty is something that is very important. God even talks about it in the bible. We are suppose to keep our bodies to ourselves, not to share them with the world like the women on magazines. Those women sell their bodies. And that is not pleasing to God.   

I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling; likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.  

Places like Justice have things like bikinis, which are a no, no. They are meant to show off your body. And that does NOT please God! Your body is yours. The only people you should be showing your body to are your mom (or a woman guardian), or a doctor. And, when you are married, your husband. That is it! Kaput, end of story! My heart hurts and I shake my head when I pass by a  magazine with a half dressed woman on it. My  brother has to shield his eyes every way he looks, and he almost runs into stuff!

I look at what women do to themselves, and I think what is this world coming to? When I look at those magazines, I want to tell each woman, on each one, how much they are displeasing God, and how they can change. And they probably wouldn't care. They don't think it's a big deal. But of course I can't, I don't know a single one of them.

But I did hear a wonderful story, that just made me feel great. A model for Victoria's Secret (has nothing to do with me!) had a become a new Christian, and her employers wanted to her to model some of the things they have there, and she said no! And quit! I felt so happy when I heard that story. It's just so uplifting. God works in wonderful ways! 

 This is just a rule my parents made, that I'm not allowed to wear bikinis. And I'm not saying that if you are a Christian and wear bikinis, that you're going to go to hell. NO! I'm not saying that at all, just maybe think about whether you think God really wants you wearing them. But, all and all, Modesty is the best policy! =)

  

Victoria  

 

  

1 comment:

netablogs said...

I agree with your article. Well written, too! All the best with the A-Z challenge!