Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ourselves behind bars.

Sometimes in life we forget to be ourselves. Sometimes I act different in front of my teenage friends than I do at home. And I wonder, why? Maybe to impress them? But God said he made us the way we are. We can't lock our real personalities behind bars, and walk with a different one. God made us who we are. And if your friends won't like the real you, than they are not friends. Real friends will accept you for who you are.     


Psalms 139: 14-16
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

I know that taking that personality that has been locked up inside you out for all to see isn't easy. In fact, I still haven't mastered how to do it!

We just have to ask God to help us through that. But I thought that the fake me that I show my friends is so much cooler than I feel. But being you is the best person you could ever be because it's who God wanted you to be. It's who God created you to be. And if your aren't confident about yourself that can be hard. But that is what God is there for, to help us through the good times, and bad. God wants us to be who we really are. So why don't we try and be who we are?

Victoria
 

1 comment:

Laura S. said...

Hello, Victoria! You are an insightful young lady! Remember that if your friends don't think you're cool for being who you are, then they're not true friends in the first place. That can be a hard lesson to learn, especially while you're still young.

You sound like a mature, talented, and bright young lady and I hope you remain exactly who God made you to be! Wishing you many blessings.

Have a lovely week and happy A to Z!!