Thursday, April 19, 2012

peace and Quiet

Peace and quiet is something every teen needs. A chance to be alone, to calm down and do whatever. Read, write, write in a journal or diary, draw, doodle, rest, or just think. I live in the city, so I don't have many places to go when I want to be alone. One place I like to go for some quiet is the tree swing in our backyard. Somehow the soft motions seem to be soothing to me. And my neighborhood in the middle of a weekday is very quiet. I love to just sit out there and think, and watch birds fly, and rabbits chase each other around. The swing in my backyard is where I feel closest to God. I can feel like I'm talking right to Him, and that is a wonderful feeling.

Also, almost every night before I go to bed I write in a feelings journal. I kept probably three diaries, but then I kept forgetting to write in them. One was a  physical diary, then I had one on my computer, and one on my phone. Now I'm keeping a feelings journal instead, and it just makes me feel peaceful to write in a journal when all is quiet.

Sometimes I just need to be alone, because I just get overwhelmed and need to get away from it all. My brother and I fight a lot. And sometimes I just can't handle it anymore, sometimes I've just had it with him! So I cool off in my quiet spot in the back yard. I wonder what it would be like to have a bigger back yard that I could just lose myself in, so that I was truly alone. Everyone should have her own special place to go and hide when they are feeling sad or depressed, or just want to be alone. There are times in teen life that I will probably feel all of that, but it makes me feel better to know I have my swing, and God.   

Victoria

2 comments:

Sheila Siler said...

I'm glad you have a back yard with a swing to be alone. That's a great thing. I have a 12 year old daughter, I bet she would like you. This is a very nice blog.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Great blog!

You are very well written for someone so young. I am sure your parents are quite proud!

I am trying to read all the A to Z blogs, but coming back to the ones I really like.
Looking forward to seeing what you do all month!

Tim
The Other Side
The Freedom of Nonbelief